August 6, 2021
Baseball Manitoba 2021 Return to Play Update:
Due to the most recent announcement regarding Public Health Orders, we have created and released Version 7 of our Return to Play Document. The following guidelines will come into effect at 12:01 a.m. on August 7, 2021.
- 12(1) Subject to subsection (2), outdoor sporting and recreational facilities may open with no further restrictions under these Orders.
- 12(2) Except as permitted under Orders 14 and 15, the number of spectators at an outdoor sporting or recreational facility must not exceed 50% of the usual spectator capacity of the facility.
- Indoor sporting and recreational facilities may open if the operator
- (a) restricts the number of spectators at the facility to 50% of the usual spectator capacity of the facility; and
- (b) implements measures to ensure that members of the public who are not engaged in sporting or recreational activities are reasonably able to maintain a separation of at least two metres from other members of the public while at the facility.
Despite many COVID-19 restrictions in Manitoba being lifted, we strongly encourage our community to remain diligent in following our Return to Play Plan.
Baseball Manitoba will continue to monitor the Public Health Orders. We will be prepared to revise any and all aspects of our Return to Play Plan in the event of any updates to the Public Health Orders. We are extremely excited baseball is in full swing in Manitoba!
Jason Miller – Executive Director
Tony Siemens - President