BASEBALL MEDIA RELATIONS COORDINATOR
Baseball Manitoba is seeking a Media Relations Coordinator. This part-time term position will report to the Executive Director and helps execute Baseball Manitoba’s media plan. The coordinator is responsible for upholding the brand of the sport through written communication and social media for Baseball Manitoba’s events, programs and provincial team programs. This is a 4-month assistantship position (May-August). Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and evolve Baseball Manitoba’s social media presence via platforms (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, SnapChat, etc.)
- producing news releases and feature stories
- generating feature content, video and other unique coverage for www.baseballmanitoba.ca
- assisting the Baseball Manitoba staff at events such as the Mosquito Monster Mania, Provincial Grand Slam Jamboree, Provincial Team Open Camp and select Provincial Championships, etc.
- attending various youth, and amateur games, tournaments and events, and reporting on them via social media platforms
- assisting the Baseball Manitoba office staff with additional duties as required.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong work ethic, high level of integrity and honesty. Must be attentive to detail and accurate in record keeping and possess an ability to work with a diverse constituency including players, parents, coaches, and volunteers. Baseball Manitoba will cover the phone plan costs and relevant charges during the time of hire. Baseball Manitoba will also cover mileage, meals and accommodations, if required, for any approved travel around the province. Successful candidates must submit to a police record/screening check.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- demonstrated knowledge of baseball and a passion for the game
- a desire to be in a media relations environment
- Must have an excellent attitude and work well in a team setting
- strong oral and written communications skills and demonstrated organizational skills
- currently registered in post-secondary education
- working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook
- familiarity with various social media applications.
- The successful candidate must have their own vehicle and valid driver’s license, and a smart phone with camera capabilities.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours (evenings and weekends)
$1000 month plus expenses
For up-to-date information on Baseball Manitoba, all candidates are encouraged to follow @baseballmb on Twitter and like Baseball Manitoba on Facebook. You can follow Baseball Manitoba on the web at www.baseballmanitoba.ca
Qualified applicants should forward their résumé, together with a cover letter to the attention of Executive Director Jason Miller, via e-mail to email@example.com. Deadline for Applications is April 30.
*Note* We thank all applicants for their interest. However, please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.