Twi-lite tournament to be held July 27-29 at Wawanesa, MB. There will be two divisions: 35 over and 45 and over. Information and rules posted below
Ross Tycoles - Chair Senior Council
- Senior Council will oversee the operation of Twilite Baseball in Manitoba and look to add a Rep from Twi lite baseball.
- 2 categories – 35 & over and 45 & over.
- For 2018 any players born in 1983 will be eligible to play in 35 & over, those born in 1973 to play in 45 & over.
- Players can be playing senior baseball and be eligible to play in Twilite baseball.
- Players roster size must have a minimum of 11 and maximum of 18 players.
- Roster fee of $150 per team to register with Baseball Manitoba by June 1, 2018. Made payable to Baseball Manitoba.
- Rosters to be submitted by July 1/2018.
2018 Provincial Championship
- Only players registered with Baseball Manitoba will be eligible to play in this tournament.
- Provincials shall be July 27-29.
- Wawanesa will serve as the host site.
- Entry fee for each team is $400, payable by July 15 made payable to the host site. (details to come)
- The host will not charge a gate fee – free admission for all.
- 2-man umpire system to be used. Host responsible for costs.
- Baseball Manitoba will provide administration, balls, convenor, keeper and permanent trophies to winning teams in each category.
Rules of the Game
Twi-lite baseball is played under the same regulations as conventional baseball with the following modifications:
- Games are played with nine men on the field.
- All players on the roster must bat with a minimum of 11 batters to a maximum of 18.
- There is endless substitution allowed with the exception of the pitcher.
- Games will be 6 innings in length
- Maximum of 3 innings or 9 outs per pitcher per game (or in an inning called because of maximum runs - declared out are considered outs). Once removed from the pitching position at any time, the pitcher cannot return to the field as pitcher but can return in any other position.
- Designated runner rule
- Up to 3 people can be designated as needing a runner or designated runner (DR) prior to commencement of the game. The batter must run to first base but cannot run additional bases during the game.
- The runner will be the last out previous to the DR batting unless that person is also a DR.
- Designated runners must be declared before the start of the game
- If two outs, the runner cannot be the catcher.
- Teams must field 11 players each game. If at any time the team falls below 11 players, including injury during a game, the team must take an out.
- If one player short, an out is recorded in the 5th spot in the batting order
- If two players short, outs are recorded in the 5th and 11th spots in the batting order
- Injuries during the game end up being an out when their spot comes up in the batting order
- Time limit / maximum runs
- There will be a maximum of 6 runs allowed per inning until the 6th inning in which there is no maximum.
- No new inning can start after 1 hour and 45 minutes from the 1st pitch. Time of first pitch must be declared to both teams.
- No announcement of the commencement of the ‘last’ inning in this situation
- Mercy rule – a game will be called complete if one team is 10 runs ahead after 4 innings or any compete inning thereafter
- 4 complete innings constitute a game in case of rain delays
- There will be no underage players allowed at either tournament
- Ineligible players
- If a team wishes to challenge the eligibility of a player(s), a written submission (form supplied) must be signed and presented to the tournament committee clearly indicating the grounds for the challenge.
- The player(s) whose eligibility is questioned must provide information/evidence to refute the challenge. A valid Manitoba Medical card or valid Manitoba driver’s license must be presented.
- The tournament committee will rule on site.
- If a team is found to be using ineligible player(s):
- the team will be stripped of any title awarded during the tournament
- the team will forfeit their performance bond
- the team and all players on the roster will be ineligible to compete in any Twilite tournaments the following year.
If you are interested in entering a team, please contact Ross Tycoles at email@example.com