COVID-19 (Coronavirus) related to Baseball in Manitoba
Baseball Manitoba is aware of the public health risk associated with COVID-19. With concern for our athletes, coaches, umpires, volunteers and families, Baseball Manitoba has decided that postponing all baseball related activities is the best course of action at this time. This includes, but is not limited to, camps, clinics, tryouts and meetings. It is strongly recommended that all baseball associations follow suit.
Here are some details on Baseball Manitoba’s current activities:
- Learning Facilitator Training: March 14/15 (POSTPONED)
- Provincial Team Winter Training (CANCELLED)
- Winter Academy (CANCELLED)
- Spring Break Camp (CANCELLED)
- Coach and Umpire Clinics (POSTPONED)
- AGM: March 22 (TO BE CONDUCTED VIA TELECONFERENCE)
We sincerely apologize for the disappointments and inconveniences this may cause. However, Baseball Manitoba has made this decision with great consideration and based on the safety of the baseball community.
Baseball Manitoba continues to monitor the situation in Manitoba and Canada and will continue to communicate with our membership as new information arises.
Feel free to visit the links below for up-to-date and accurate information about COVID-19:
- WHO website on Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak.
- Government of Canada COVID-19 Travel Advice.
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Outbreak update (Public Health Agency of Canada)
- Coronavirus (Province of Manitoba)